Tuesday, June 23, 2015

On the importance of some particular religion

My religion is a big deal to me, but I mean it when I say I don't need it to be a big deal to others. What I do hope is a big deal, what I hope to spread, is compassionate love and kindness and joy and finding beauty in the world around us, and ourselves, and each other. This is what I hope I preach to others by example. The theology you consider that with is not my concern- you can subscribe to a different theology or another religion or no religion and still if I ever contribute to you having any of that, in those moments my work is successful. I find the highest pleasure and fulfillment in knowing and serving the God I worship, and I believe that when you find beauty in something or have compassionate love in your heart, you know Him, too. When you contribute to others having that, you serve Him, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment